DEADLINE FOR FALL 2013 COHORT:
January 8th, 2013 (Coursework begins in Fall 2013)
Please Read Before Submitting Your Application
Post-Bachelor's Pre-Requisite Requirements for Admission
- At least 18 credits of Psychology coursework at the undergraduate level which should include: statistics, experimental methods/research design, and abnormal/psychopathology.
- A major in Psychology is preferred.
- Combined Verbal and Quantitative GREs greater than 1000 are preferred.
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale is expected for both general curriculum and psychology courses.
Post-Master's Pre-Requisite Requirements for Admission
All of the below courses (or their equivalent) must have been completed at the master's level with a grade of B or better to be considered for Post-Master's admission.
Psy 503 Research and Statistics I
Psy 504 Research and Statistics II
Psy 508 Biological Bases of Behavior
Psy 514 Human Development
Psy 517 Personality Theories
Psy 521 Social Psychology
Psy 522 Cognitive/Affective Bases of Behavior
Psy 531 Psychopathology
Psy 532 Child Psychopathology
Psy 580 Assessment of Adult Personality and Psychopathology
Psy 556 Master's Thesis**
Psy 561 Introduction to Psychological Testing
Psy 571 Introduction to Individual Psychotherapy
Psy 574 Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
Psy 577 Practicum I
Psy 587 Practicum II Or Psy 578 Internship
**Empirical Thesis Required
A request for exceptions must be pre-approved by the Director of Clinical Training.
Students must have completed their degree no more than five years prior to application.
Demonstrated excellence in academics and clinical work is expected.
Application Submission Methods
- Complete and submit our online application electronically. Application fee is waived for online applications. The confirmation receipt must be sent to the Admissions Office.
- Use our online Request Information form to receive a printed form by mail.
- Contact our office directly to request application materials.
- Submit the completed application form. Please note: on the application, there is an option for other program consideration. If you would like to be considered for the Master's Psychology/General Theoretical program should you not qualify for admission into the post-Bachelor's program, please complete this section of the application. Otherwise you will not be considered for the Master's option.
- Submit OFFICIAL, SEALED transcripts from the institutions from which you obtained your degrees, including coursework done at Marywood.
- Note to all applicants: Please provide your former/maiden name if you have one. When requesting transcripts, please ask the sending institution to indicate your current name and former/maiden name.
- Submit a PERSONAL STATEMENT on the goals you hope to meet through participation in this Psy.D. program. (Not to exceed 500 words, double-spaced.)
- For post-master's applicant's, please send three REFERENCE FORMS (at least two must be from full time faculty from the master's program where you completed your degree).
- For post-bachelor's applicants, please send three REFERENCE FORMS (at least two must be from psychologists).
- Reference forms are available online or obtain printed forms from us. Have them completed, signed and returned to us. These forms cannot be submitted electronically.
- Scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) General Test taken within the past five years. Please request that your scores be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service to Marywood. Our ETS school code is 2407.
- All documents submitted in connection with an application become the property of the University.
- Payment of $35. Your application will not be processed until this fee is received. Make your check payable to Marywood University. Note: Application fee is waived if your application is submitted online.
- For international students, the application and acceptance process requires a lot of work on the student’s behalf. It is important to begin this process early and be aware of all of the steps that must be taken in order to gain acceptance. See the International Guidelines for thorough details.
- International Students must also complete the Supplemental Questionnaire and submit the completed form with the application for admission.
- International students must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score taken within the last two years. Minimum TOEFL score is 79 (internet-based), 213 (computer-based), or 550 (paper-based); minimum IELTS score is 6.
- If you are transferring your VISA from another United States institution of higher learning, you must complete this form.
For more information, contact:
Graduate Admissions Office
2300 Adams Avenue, Scranton, PA 18509
866-279-9663, ext. 6002